Hablamos En Español
Toll-Free: (949) 540-6704 Phone: (800) 242-2151
Phone: (949) 540-6704 Toll-Free: (800) 242-2151

Legal Representation That You Can Trust

Consular Processing (OUTSIDE USA)

Immigration Pledge

Consular processing (CP) is an interview process which an applicant can take at a U.S consulate overseas. The CP is equivalent to I-485/Adjustment of Status process except the difference is that I-485 can be filed only if the applicant is physically present in USA. In order to apply for the consular processing, the applicant's I-140 must be approved and the visa number (priority date) should be current. The applicant can apply for CP if he/she is:

  1. Outside the United States; or
  2. Lives in the United States but prefer processing at a US consulate abroad for convenience.

Multiple Steps Involved in Consular Processing

There are several important steps from initial filing of various forms to intermediate approval, interview and subsequent filings, application approval/denial and refilling, and the follow-up, port of entry in the USA….. an experienced immigration attorney can surely help you as client, to get the desired results.

If you or someone you know is need of immigration law services, please do not hesitate to call Garg & Associates at 281-362-2865 for a consultation today or use our Contact Form.